For you to fully understand the Intel Xeon, you should think of it as pro speed and pro performance on pro servers. That is one way to describe them at ServerMania.
It is the highest SKU (Store Keeping Unit), with 10 cores and 20 threads. It purports to provide a 25% increase in core and thread performance over the preceding version. Let’s discuss this amazing CPU’s performance, memory specifications, processor graphics, security, core counts, etc.
The Intel Xeon W line serves as the Intel Core series’ “Workstation” or “W” equivalent. In light of this, the Intel Xeon W-1290P SKU is designed for professional workstations instead of enthusiast PCs. The Intel Xeon W-1290P, the upgrade for the Intel Xeon E-2288G and Intel Xeon W Series, features 10 cores and 20 threads with a higher clock speed of 3.70GHz and a turbo boost speed of 5.20GHz. It has a 125W TDP, 20MB of onboard cache, and supports up to 128GB of RAM in a 4x32GB configuration.
For entry-level workstation users, the Intel Xeon W-1290P processor offers excellent performance with integrated processor graphics, enhanced security, and a guarantee of ECC memory. With the Xeon W-1290P, you enjoy exceptional performances, best-in-class operational capabilities, and compatibility with innovative technologies that allow you to visualize, model, conduct research, and work with better accuracy.
Read more: How to choose a server CPU
Data Integrity, Reliability, and System Up-time (PRO SPEED)
Some of the factors many workstation users consider for business are data integrity and system up-time. As a result, the Intel Xeon W-1290 processors provide Intel vPro™ manageability and compatibility for fast ECC memory, which can protect valuable data against unpredictable soft-memory bit errors and enable simple system management for IT teams. Error-correcting code (ECC) memory is a technology that improves reliability by instantly identifying and fixing single-bit memory mistakes.
Reduced Wait Time
Visualization and simulation modeling can be completed rapidly and precisely with up to 10 cores, 20 threads, and 128 GB of ECC DDR4 memory using the Intel Xeon W-1290 processor for increased performance.
Expanded Platform Capabilities
The Intel Xeon W-1290 CPUs provide outstanding I/O throughput for graphics, networking, and storage with up to 40 platform PCIe 3.0 lanes. The processor allows you to run multiple graphics cards, accelerators, capture cards, storage devices, and/or network controllers.
Features of the Intel Xeon W-1290 Processor
Essential features of the Intel Xeon W-1290 processor include the following:
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Frequency: 5.10 GHz
- Bus Speed between computer components: 8GT/s
- Total Threads: 20
- Cache: 20 MB Intel® Smart Cache
- Configurable TDP-down: 95 W
- Total Cores: 10
- Max Turbo Frequency: 5.30 GHz
- Processor Base Frequency: 3.70 GHz
- TDP: 125 W
- Configurable TDP-down Base Frequency: 3.30 GHz
- Use Conditions: Workstation
- Code Name: Comet Lake
- Vertical Segment: Workstation
- Recommended Customer Price: $594.00
- Processor Number: W-1290P
- Product Collection: Intel® Xeon® W Processor
- Lithography: 14 nm
- Max # of Memory Channels: 2
- ECC Memory Support: Yes
- Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type): 128 GB
- Max Memory Bandwidth: 45.8 GB/s
- Memory Types: DDR4-2933
Security and Reliability
- Secure Key: Yes
- Intel® Boot Guard: Yes
- Intel vPro® Eligibility: Intel vPro® Platform
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology: Yes
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX): Yes with Intel® ME
- Intel® AES New Instructions: Yes
- Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT): Yes
- Execute Disable Bit: Yes
- Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d): Yes
- Intel® OS Guard: Yes
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x): Yes
- Thermal Solution Specification: PCG 2015D
- T-JUNCTION: 100°C
- Max CPU Configuration: 1
- Sockets Supported: FCLGA1200
- Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost Temperature: 70 °C
- Package Size: 37.5mm x 37.5mm
- Intel® Quick Sync Video: Yes
- Max Resolution (DP): 4096×[email protected]
- Graphics Video Max Memory: 64 GB
- Intel® Clear Video Technology: Yes
- Max Resolution (eDP – Integrated Flat Panel): 4096×[email protected]
- Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency: 1.20 GHz
- # of Displays Supported: 3
- OpenGL* Support: 4.5
- Graphics Base Frequency: 350 MHz
- DirectX* Support: 12
- Processor Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics P630
- Device ID0x9BC: 6
- Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology: Yes
- 4K Support: Yes, at 60Hz
- Intel® Clear Video HD Technology: Yes
- Max Resolution (HDMI): 4096×[email protected]
- Instruction Set: 64-bit
- Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost: Yes
- Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions: No
- Instruction Set Extensions: Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, and Intel® AVX2
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology: Yes
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology: 2.0
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies: Yes
- Intel® 64: Yes
- Enhanced Intel Speed Step® Technology: Yes
- Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0: Yes
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Supported: Yes
- Idle States: Yes
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology: Yes
- PCI Express Configurations: Up to 1×16, 2×8, 1×8+2×4
- Scalability: 1S Only
- Max # of PCI Express Lanes: 16
- PCI Express Revision: 3.0
Conclusion – PRO Server
Intel Xeon W-1290 processors available at ServerMania are uniquely tuned for various activities and professions, including life and health sciences, financial sectors, architecture, engineering, and construction, and were created to give an entry-level solution for professionals seeking reliability and performance in a workstation.
If you want to host scalable and enterprise-grade Xeon servers for your business, you should contact ServerMania today.
COMPLETE DIGITAL SERVER SOLUTIONS FOR ALL
Bare Metal Dedicated Servers
A single tenant, physical server allowing you full access to its resources.
Professional Hybrid Servers
Virtualized server platform hosted on enterprise-grade physical servers.
Scalable Cloud Servers
High-performance and highly-available infrastructure.Browse servers
Our next-generation data center facilities.