This article explains step by step on how to download, install and setup psyBNC.
1. Login to your shell using SSH, you should have already received your login information.
2. Download psyBNC, type this in your ssh terminal:
3. The next step is to extract the psyBNC archive we just downloaded:
tar -zxvf psyBNC-2.3.2-7.tar.gz
4. Now we need to change to the new psybnc directory:
5. Now this is where it gets a bit harder, psyBNC includes a GUI for configuring the bnc. In order to use the GUI to configure everything.
6. If you got the GUI, then you need to configure all the settings to your liking. Make sure Compiling Options is highlighted and then press enter. [X] means the option is selected and [ ] means it is not, if there is something selected you do not want enabled, scroll down to the line using the arrow keys and hit space. If there is something not enabled that you do what enabled, do the same thing, scroll down and hit space. After you’re done with that part, you can exit the menu by hitting the left arrow key and pressing enter. Now press the down arrow key to highlight Bouncer Config, it will take you inside another menu where you need to edit everything to your liking. Be sure to add a new user, configure the port you would like the bnc to run on and any other options you might want to customize. After you’re done with everything, exit all the menus.
7. After you have exited all the menus, it should have compiled everything. You can now type:
Your bnc is now configured and running!
For help on how to use your psyBNC, please check out our topic on “Using your psyBNC”.
If you have any issues, email email@example.com